Term Dates 2020-21 school year
- Student start day: Wednesday, 26th August, 2020
- Public holiday: Wednesday 14th October – Nyerere Day
- Midterm break: Monday 26th October – Friday 30th October 2020 (Covers Prophet’s Birthday)
- Friday, 27th November: Teacher PD Day (No Students)
- Last day of Term 1: Friday, 4th December 2019 (1/2 day for students)
~~~~~~~2020 Christmas holiday: 5th December – 4th January~~~~~~~
- Student start: Monday 4th January, 2021
- Public Holiday: Tuesday 12 January – Revolution Day
- Midterm break: Monday 15th February – Friday 19th February 2021 (or Tuesday?)
- Monday 1st March: Teacher PD Day (No Students)
- Last day of term: Friday 26th of March, 2021 (1/2 day for students)
~~~~~~~2021 Easter holiday: 27th March – 11th April~~~~~~~
- Monay 12th April 2021 Public Holiday: Monday 26 April – Union Day
- Midterm break: Wednesday 12 – Friday 14 May (Covers Eid al Fitr)
- 31 May: Staff PD Day (No Students)
- Student/teachers last day: Friday 25th June 2021 (1/2 day for students)
8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday to Friday
*Preschooler’s may leave early anytime after 12 noon or they may stay for nap time until 3:15pm.
- We have no formal uniform.
- We have a sports T-shirt and cap available in house colours.
- The sports houses or teams are Twiga (red) Chui (Yellow) and Tembo ( Blue).
- T-shirts cost 20,000 Tsh each and Caps cost 10,000 Tsh each.
All meals are included in the cost of the school fees. A morning snack and a hot lunch are provided by the school. Students may bring a water bottle with them to school each day however filtered water is freely available when needed. Children are welcome to bring their own snack and packed lunch to school. No nuts are allowed as we have students with allergies to nuts (no peanuts, cashews, pistachios or hazelnuts)
2020-21 CCIS School Fees
CCIS school fees are based on projected operating costs.
School fees, based on USD equivalent, are payable by year or terms and based on the year of the child.
Exchange rates will be considered on the first business day of the month invoices are issued based on data from Bank of Tanzania.
Lunch is included in the fees but transportation.
- Registration/Development Fee: $250
- Preschool and Reception: $2815
- Year 1-8: $4500
First enrolled sibling attending full time receives a 5%
Second and subsequent siblings receive 10% per student
Due at enrolment
- $250 registration fee
- ½ Term 1 fees
Due at midterm
- ½ Remaining Term 1 fees
1) School office (see the Director or designee) during open school hours.
2) Bank transfer (must include the student’s name and following information)
**please submit a receipt to school office and keep a copy for your records
P.O. Box 14652, Arusha, Tanzania
Account name: Christ Church International School
Account number: 002 6000289
Our curriculum adheres to the statutory requirements of the British National Curriculum, with some adaptations to our African context. We use a combined class model utilising topic-based learning to meet the needs of each individual child. We operate bilingual classrooms and encourage multilingualism.
|6-7||Grade 1||Year 2||Year 1|
|7-8||Grade 2||Year 3||Year 2|
|8-9||Grade 3||Year 4||Year 3|
|9-10||Grade 4||Year 5||Year 4|
|10-11||Grade 5||Year 6||Year 5|
|11-12||Grade 6||Year 7||Year 6|
|12-13||Grade 7||Year 8||Year 7|